- What information do we collect from our website?
- Cookies & Log Data
- What information do we collect when you sign up for our service?
- What data do we collect from the telematics device?
- What information do we collect from other sources?
- How will we use your information?
- Third Parties
- what data we collect
- how we collect it
- what we do with it.
Your privacy matters to Movolytics so please do take the time to get to know our policy – and if you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect from our website?
Movolytics ("us", "we", or "our") operates https://movolytics.co.uk (the "Site").
Cookies & Log Data
Our Website employs cookies.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Log Data is the information that your browser sends us whenever you visit our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. Movolytics may automatically collect this information as you browse our site or use other application through the use of log files, web beacons, or other electronic tools.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
In addition to Cookies and Log Data, we may collect the following information from our websites:
- Company Name
- Company Contact details: postal address, email address, telephone/ mobile number and fax number
- Other relevant information such as industry, number of employees, company fleet size or annual revenues.
What information do we collect when you sign up for our Service?
When signing up to our Service, we will typically collect such information as may be required to set up the contract and deliver the Service. This information may include items such as:
• Contact Name
• Company Name
• Vehicle Registration(s)
• Billing information such as bank account and sort code
• Billing Address
• Work Address
What data do we collect from the telematics device?
Once the telematics device has been installed in a vehicle and activated, it will record and analyse data relating to the vehicle.
Movolytics collects, processes and stores telematics information securely, ensuring that it is protected in line with industry standard security practices as well as any legal and regulatory requirements.
Depending on the specific unit fitted and the instructions from the Data Controller, the telematics device will collect driver behaviour related information such as:
- specific location
- acceleration/ deceleration rates
- vehicle diagnostics.
We will maintain a database of all location and driving information and may keep this information for 8 years. We use this location and driving behaviour to provide and maintain the Service. We also use this information to improve our product and service.
Movolytics' may aggregate and anonymise location and/or driving behaviour for statistical or business purposes. All aggregated and anonymised data is the property of Movolytics.
What information do we collect from other sources?
We may gather information about you from other sources such as conferences, meetings, seminars, blog posts, newsgroup and social media sites. The information you allow us to access on social media websites varies by social networking sites. You can find and control this information on the privacy setting of your social networking sites directly. If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a '+1' via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so.
How will we use your information?
Movolytics may use your name and billing address for the purpose of invoicing your for the Service.
Movolytics may use your Company email address to contact you with regard to your account, such as to communicate that it is about to expire or to confirm any change to your phone number, and to respond to any inquiry you submit via our website or by email.
Movolytics may also use the Company's contact details from time to time to communicate marketing messages, bulletins and other elements of our business which we think might hold any importance with you by post or email or comparable technologies. Companies may choose to opt out of this by contacting us on email@example.com.
The information collected by the telematics unit may be used by us and our partners for research and analytics purposes to improve our website, applications and services. Information will be gathered and used whilst the telematics unit is active; information may still be used after your use of the telematics unit has ceased.
Unless you stop using the telematics devices, we will continue to use any ongoing data collected for the purposes below
- Tracking driver behaviour including location, direction, speed and acceleration and deceleration rates.
- Driving behaviour analysis and profiling including determining what constitutes safe and dangerous driving comparative behaviours of drivers from various segments of the UK population;
- Road and vehicle usage including for road safety issues and real time traffic flow;
- Analysis of the causes of, and forces involved in, collisions and other road incidents; and,
- Researching and refining techniques for analysing motor vehicle telematics data.
Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. e.g. sharing information with banks for the purposes of Direct Debit processing.
We will use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent or pass your information on to others for marketing or other purposes without your express consent.
Movolytics is not responsible for any transfer of data undertaken by the Data Controller (Contracting Entity). Where your Drivers have any concerns about how their data is used or may be transferred, they should discuss in the first instance with the individual responsible for vehicles within their organisation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put into place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Data Controller: This is the Contracting Entity (fleet operator) entering into the contract with Movolytics and on whose instruction the Service is provided
- Data: information we collect form you including personal details such as your name and driving behaviour.
- OBD (On-board Diagnostic Port): The socket in your vehicle which is used to interact with the vehicle's on-board management system. Plug-In Telematics devices will be connected to this port.
- Service: The full range of tracking and fleet management services provided by Movolytics.
- Telematics Device (Plug-in): The unit which is fitted into the OBD port of your vehicle that collects and transmits data to us.
- Telematics Device (Fitted to Vehicle): The unit which has been fitted to your vehicle by an engineer (as opposed to the Plug-in) and that collects and transmits data to us.